Friday, December 23, 2011

Bus to Quezon

When we were kids, whenever we go to Manila, we have to leave at midnight and wait for the bus since going to Manila is a 4 to 5 hour bus ride. I got used to it because my dad used to leave and arrive at midnight every weekend and when I was in college and needs to attend to my SK responsibilities, I used to go home at the same time every weekend.


Aside from the schedule, I developed a skill of feeling and knowing what kind of vehicle is coming since we used to play a “guessing-if-bus-is-coming” game; too many lights are usually trucks, one light is always a tricycle.


I missed playing it with my dad and sister.


I never like air-conditioned buses in the Philippines because they’re too cold (I don’t know if I can survive living in a cold country if I couldn’t stand cold buses).


Today, I went home with my sister riding a non-aircon bus. I like it even if my hair is as hard as stone after the ride. But today, I enjoyed the ride much better cause aside from my head resting in my sister’s shoulders, the conductor of the bus took care of us. There was a drunkard who sat beside me and didn’t stop talking to me and the bus conductor didn’t leave until the man got off. I am so happy experiencing that kind of service since it doesn’t happen that much nowadays because usually people don’t work professionally and we just settle for a bad service from waiters to public servants.


There are many buses going to different parts of Quezon.  JAM Liner, JAC Liner (the very efficient bus with wifi), Lucena Lines and A Liner that usually travel until Lucena. Superlines, Raymond, P & O or Barney and AB Liner are the usual buses I ride until my hometown and until Tagkawayan or Sta Elena, the tip of Camarines Sur which is next to the last town in the south of Quezon. When I was in college, I used to ride in Barney/ P&O a lot because I feel safe but after experiencing the good service of AB Liner, I think I’ll have it as an option always. It was bus no. 620, I just didn’t get kuya’s name but I definitely said thanks.


Aside from the fresh air, I enjoy riding a non-aircon bus going to my hometown because of a number of vendors who go up to the buses to sell my favourite food! I like the “Pinagong” in Sariaya that’s why I always make sure to have the energy to eat them when the bus passes by that town. I like quail eggs, pacencia and broas from Lucban Quezon but I like the most the “puto pao” in Lopez cause my mom makes it. Haha.


It’s so nice to be home. Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...