Thursday, October 6, 2011

Less is good.

I don't know if this is just coincidence but recently, I've talked with so many people saying the same thing: when they got older, they realized that there are just few important things in life to keep, may it be dress, furniture, shoes, bags or even friends.


I am thinking if this conclusion was formed at a certain point in time. Is it a fad? Or maybe because the world is advancing a lot and we're facing a lot of options but most of the time, we don't get satisfied. Or maybe my friend is right, that's how it is when you mature, you evaluate and remove unnecessary things in your life that are not your priority and don't give you the satisfaction that you deserve.

Both true for me, I guess. I believe that life is all about making choices and living at the moment. If it's not your priority then, don't be affected by it and always choose to be happy.

I've stumbled upon these videos in TED that gave me a better view on less important stuffs and paradox of choice:

Less stuff, more happiness by Graham Hill
Paradox of Choice by Barry Schwartz

As for me, traveling helped me a lot in realizing what are the important few things for me because as I go from one place to another, I can only bring the good stuffs and I only remember the people that matters.

I remember when my bag was stolen with all the things I used to consider as 'needed' a few months ago and I compare it with the things in my bag now, (well, I still have a lot I guess but it's lesser than before. Haha.) then I realized the big and complete set of make up kit that I used to have is not really needed! Now I just have a few things and maximize them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...