Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sundays should be just like this.

Sunday is Church and Family day for a normal Filipino family and usually, it is my “me” time as well. I’ve spent this morning attending the Mass and reading at Starbucks. And because time flies so fast, my thoughts fly as well, that Sundays should be just like this…

image from rajatandena.wordpress.com

It’s a Sunday and I am reading my favourite book as the hammock swings while I let the lukewarm wind touch my sun-burned skin and listen to the waves as they break and reach the shore. The breaking is always music to my ears, knowing that just like me; they’re part of the bigger body of water, the ocean, and me, the world. My hair is still wet because of the usual morning clean-up dive and I can hear the funniest-man-with-biggest-heart-on-earth call my name as he excitedly talks about the healthiest food he ever tasted in Krabi and how he missed my laugh in his last trip. He has a soft spot for children and I advocate environmental preservation so we always make it a point to support less fortunate kids and do efforts to preserve the environment from the returns of our café in the midst of the city and other businesses. I’m thrilled of his reaction as I plan to surprise him about the news that we’ll be having an addition to our fun life after my doctor happily confirmed it yesterday. (I can’t stop myself from smiling.) My mom and dad will be throwing a beach party for my 29th birthday tonight as they invited my dearest friends and kin as a treat for me as we also celebrate the growth of our flower farm in the Philippines. I am searching for inspiration from simple things because I will be finishing a book at the end of this month that is expected to be published before 2015 ends. Our successful branding and advertising campaign in Asia caused me to plan a Europe trip and finally make it to eat pizza at the fountain in Italy with my best man.

It’s Sunday, lazy weekend will be over really soon but I’m glad that I learned how to appreciate every moment of this good life through the years. No regrets. Good life.

I know my Sundays will be just like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...